Solar Seal Insulating glass has come a long way since we imported the first European automated insulating line over 30 years ago. In fact, we have produced more than 50 million square feet of insulating units since that time. With all of this experience, you can be confident that you are getting the best unit available when ordering from Solar Seal whether you require multi-pane units, shaped units, extra heavy units for buildings like air traffic control towers, or simply a well-built IG unit for an office complex. Many companies make similar claims, but you can be assured because Solar Seal has earned a "CBA" rating (the highest rating available) from the IGCC (Insulating Glass Certification Council). Solar Seal will even go one step further by backing up our insulated glass units with a 10 year written limited warranty.
There are many reasons why Solar Seal insulated glass units stand apart from the rest. If it is options you desire, Solar Seal stocks over one-hundred different colors and thickness of glass including a variety of tints, laminates, reflectives, Low E's (pyrolitic and sputter coated), and pattern glass. Remember too, that if we don't have it, we can get it.
We also carry an extensive spacer inventory including anodized aluminum, bronze, and black colored spacers which range in thickness from 1/4 " to 1". Our spacers are roll formed and laser welded at the factory. We bend (not cut) our spacers, fill them with moisture absorbing desiccant to eliminate both moisture and hydrocarbon vapors and then surround them with a PIB (polyisobutylene) seal to give our units superior protection from the elements.
If it is aesthetics that you are after and the endless array of glass and spacer types are not enough, muntin or grid bars can be added. These too are stocked in a variety of colors, sizes, and thicknesses to give your insulated glass units a more custom look.
All of Solar Seal's insulating glass units are double sealed. The primary seal of PIB ( polyisobutylene) offers high resistance to degradation from ultra-violet light and a low transmission rate of both chemical and moisture vapors. PIB offers almost 100 times more resistance to water vapor than polysulfide. The secondary seal which gives the unit its structural strength consists of the highest quality two-part silicone available. This silicone seal not only enhances the PIB's resistance to UV light, but it also offers excellent resistance to many types of solvents as well as giving the unit the structural strength it needs to be properly glazed.
As an additional step, Solar Seal offers the ability to fill insulated glass units with Argon gas. By displacing the air inside the unit and replacing it with argon, both the u-value and the sound resistance of the unit are improved.
Unless otherwise specified, Solar Seal insulated glass units are fabricated with lites of the following thicknesses:
|7/16" units||1/8" glass|
|1/2" units||1/8" glass|
|5/8" units||3/16" glass|
|3/4" units||3/16" glass|
|7/8" units||3/16" glass|
|1" units||1/4" glass|
Insulated glass units must use specified glass thickness at a minimum for the following unit sizes:
|3/32" glass||Up to 12 sq. ft.|
|1/8" glass||Up to 16 sq. ft.|
|3/16" glass||Up to 32 sq. ft.|
|1/4" glass or thicker||Up to 70 sq. ft.|
Solar Seal has been the primary supplier and recognized leader of insulating glass in the northeast United States for over 50 years. We currently operate 3 insulating glass lines which are capable of producing units of virtually any size, shape, and thickness required by your specifications using annealed, heat strengthened, fully tempered or laminated glass including glass with reflective and high performance low E coatings.
By providing a thermal break, Solar Seal's insulated glass units are an ideal choice to keep hot air out in the summer and cold air out in the winter. They also provide a sound barrier from the outside environment.
Solar Seal can provide insulated glass units for just about any project. We use a variety of materials and configurations to suit different purposes including:
- A variety of glass thicknesses ranging from Single Strength (3/32") to 3/4".
- A variety of glass types including tints, reflectives, pyrolitic (hard coat) low E, sputter soft coat) high performance low E, laminated, wire glass, pattern and sandblasted glass.
- We are an authorized distributor for Pilkington, PPG, Visteon, Guardian, AFG, GGI, Glaverbel, St.Gobain, and Asahi.
- Spacers that are roll formed, laser welded, bent at the corners (continuous), filled with 100% molecular sieve (desiccant) to absorb moisture or hydrocarbon vapors, and connected with either a nylon or metal key. Our spacers can also be stamped with your order number and glass dimensions for easy reordering.
- A variety of spacer colors including anodized, bronze and black
- A variety of spacer thickness ranging from 1/4 "-1" or more.
- CBA unit ratings which meet ASTM E773 and E774.
- IGCC certified.
- Dual Seal units with a polyisobutylene (PIB/Butyl) primary seal and a silicone secondary seal which is ideal for structural glazing.
- 10 year written limited warranty
- Argon gas filling to improve sound and thermal performance
- Muntin bars or grids to aid is aesthetics
- Spandrel glass
- Custom Patterns
- Step Glazed Units
- Full time Box Shop to protect your glass during shipping and on the jobsite when requested
- Heavy (1 ½" thick) and Oversize units for Airport Towers